At this point in my studies concerning the future of education I am impressed with the new technology that offers new delivery systems for information. However, after being in the education sector for many years, I have come to believe that systemic change is nearly impossible unless there is structural change. The 7 things I need to know, I know. What I don?t know is why, after sixteen years from the first publishing of Gardner?s Multiple Intelligences, our schools are worse off than ever? My argument is we do not spend enough time confronting the need to truly shift the paradigm. This might mean we need to terminate intercollegiate sports. We might need to move from large centralized schools to small learning IT hubs connecting global learning cohorts beginning with elementary age students and continuing the model for the life of the student. It might mean we need to dismantle all the teacher training and teaching degrees and re-invent the meaning of the word, teacher. So, in way, I do agree with the term anti-teacher as long as we are not implying blame to the teacher. The focus needs to be on the antiquated structure, the old mental model.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment