Monday, October 19, 2009

Elluminate

Elluminate:

I like the platform. I think ellluminated would serve my students well s a location for chats / lectures with experts in the field of global sustainability. It offers the opportunity for visual as well as audio dialogue. It is very similar to Wimba. I think I will research Wimba and compare the two. My students’ final assignment will include a digital story presentation. I also like the fact that the presentations can be recorded allowing others to log into elluminate to review and reflect upon the works. As with Wimba, elluminate allows students to type in their questions and responses if their microphone is not working. It also allows moderators to type dialogue to each other privately during the session. I’m not sure if Wimba has this function. The question is, how do I consolidate all these educational 2.0 gadgets? Ther4 is a potential problem of getting carries away with the technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVQQR9UoM1I

No comments:

Post a Comment