Monday, October 19, 2009

EDU 2.0

EDU 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3yNmSIOkJo

This is an interesting site. It appears that I can actually create my own class and perhaps my own online school! I set up an account and will practice developing a series of online classes focusing on servant leadership as a discipline. This site allows mw to move out of the traditional higher education academy model and offer a life long learning platform. I can invite my fellow servant-leader graduates to participate as teachers as well as learners. This site also lends itself to the nonprofits I serve. An idea might be to work with one of our refugee students in creating a Somali Culture curriculum and offer it to the community at large. This might help to alleviate the feeling of isolation among the refugees and the fear of the unknown among the status quo.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog post, it would be great to see you start an online school on our free site!

    Cheers,
    Graham

    ReplyDelete